Michael Wiles is a casting director who loves acting and plays. As a professional actor, he has studied Shakespeare for many years. He is very familiar with Shakespeare and loves to learn more about him. If you are interested in learning more about Shakespeare, you may find these facts interesting.
- William Shakespeare had a cousin who once attempted to plot against Queen Elizabeth. He was imprisoned and executed.
- During his life, Shakespeare became a wealthy businessman. He owned many properties that brought him constant income.
- Shakespeare put a curse on his grave and threatened anyone who might want to move his body or disturb his final resting place.
- Shakespeare married his first wife when he was just 18. She was 26 years old and already pregnant with their first child when they got married.
- Shakespeare wasn’t only a writer; he was also a talented actor. He starred in many plays, including his own.
- Shakespeare’s family home was very large. It was rumored to be the second largest home in the town.
- Aside from being a talented playwright and actor, Shakespeare was also a dedicated family man and a businessman and property owner.
- Shakespeare often wore a gold hoop in his left ear. It is present in many sketches and paintings of the writer.
William Shakespeare was not only an amazing playwright, he was also very interesting. Very few people know the truth about William Shakespeare, but these interesting facts will give you a glimpse into his life.